We are looking for a shop supervisor to help customers identify and purchase products as well as assist with our weekly veg bag scheme & cheese club. The main purpose of this role is to support the management team, organising day to day tasks in the shop with confidence and provide excellent customer service to shoppers, including cash handling, restocking and merchandising retail food items as well as serving hot drinks and snacks to eat in customers.
You should be quick thinking, flexible and fast on your feet, as well as great with people, community focused and passionate about Good Food!
Summary of responsibilities
- Managing team members, making sure they are appropriately representing the company, maintaining a positive attitude and fulfilling their tasks correctly.
- Having sufficient product knowledge and customer service skills to assist shoppers and giving advice and guidance on product selection to customers
- Training team members in sales, stockroom management, restocking, customer service, cash handling and other relevant skills
- Maintaining the store at optimum sales productivity and reporting discrepancies and problems to the management team
- Proactive knowledge of stock: previous experience within the food or retail industry would be advantageous
- Responsible for processing payments, cashing up and locking up the shop – you will be a keyholder
- Work as part of a small friendly and foody team and able to coordinate and organise a variety of tasks – we all muck in and get involved
Skills and qualities
- Previous experience as team leader/ managing staff – full training will be provided
- Barista skills would be useful, although full training will be given
- Efficient, ‘can do’ attitude
- Friendly, helpful, confident and engaging personality
The good stuff
• We pay the London living wage
• We offer childcare vouchers
• You get 20% discount and all the stale bread
and floppy veg you can carry
Email Vicky: email@example.com for a full job description