We are looking for a new part time shopkeeper for two shifts weekly, with the opportunity to increase hours after the summer.
The main purpose of this role is to support the management team, organising day to day tasks in the shop with confidence and provide excellent customer service to shoppers, including cash handling, restocking and merchandising retail food items as well as serving hot drinks and snacks to eat in customers.
You should be passionate about food, home cooking and have an appreciation for quality produce.
You should be quick thinking, flexible and fast on your feet, as well as great with people, community focused and passionate about Good Food!
Summary of responsibilities
- Having sufficient product knowledge and customer service skills to assist shoppers and giving advice and guidance on product selection to customers
- Proactive knowledge of stock: previous experience within the food or retail industry would be advantageous
- Work as part of a small friendly and foodie team and able to coordinate and organise a variety of tasks – we all muck in and get involved.
Skills and qualities
- You should know your Khol Rabi from your Baron Bigod and have a good recipe to tell customers.
- Previous experience as team leader/ managing staff – full training will be provided.
- Barista skills would be useful, although full training will be given.
- Efficient, ‘can do’ attitude - there is always something to do in the shop and you should be able to get on and find it.
- Friendly, helpful, confident and engaging personality with an excellent memory for remembering regulars names, and coffee orders!
The good stuff
• We pay a living wage
• We offer childcare vouchers
• You get 20% discount and all the stale bread
and floppy veg you can carry
Email Vicky: email@example.com with a CV and tell us about yourself and your current favourite recipe .