Green Pea Fritters
Serves 2 (Makes 6 fritters) - £1.77
- 95g onion, grated (1 small onion)
- 3 medium eggs
- 3 tbsp frozen peas
- 100g broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp green pea flour
- Squeeze the onion between your hands to remove any excess moisture, or tip onto a clean tea towel and twist it to squeeze out the moisture.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, add the broccoli, onion and peas, and mix together. Add the flour, mix again and season.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick frying pan. Put a large serving spoon of the mixture in the pan, then add 2 more spoonfuls so you have 3 fritters. Leave for 3-4 mins on a medium heat until golden brown on one side and solid enough for you to flip over, then flip over and leave to go golden on the other side. Repeat to make 3 more fritters (there is no need to add any more oil to the pan after the first batch).
Try with roast tomatoes and poached eggs or salmon for a filling dinner (or breakfast!)
Mix up the veg – try courgettes, leeks, fresh herbs or spinach