Roast Carrot, Feta & Lentil Salad with Cumin and Honey
£7.42 - Serves 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 500g carrots peeled, halved and cut into batons
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 250g cooked Puy lentils
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 100g mixed salad leave
- 85g feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. In a shallow roasting tin, toss together half the oil, the cumin, carrots and some seasoning. Roast for 25 mins, turning halfway through cooking. Drizzle over the honey, stir and roast for 5 mins more.
- Meanwhile, gently heat the lentils with the onion, lemon juice, remaining oil and some salt and pepper. Allow to cool slightly while the carrots finish cooking.
- Toss the dressed lentils with mint and lamb’s lettuce. Lay warm spiced carrots on top and scatter with feta.