Roquefort salad with pears, chicory and walnut oil
- 2-3 heads chicory, separated into leaves, soaked in iced water for about 10 minutes
- 1 large ripe pear, peeled, thinly sliced
- 125g/4oz Roquefort (or similar blue raw milk sheep’s cheese), crumbled
- squeeze lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp walnut oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Dry the chicory leaves and neatly arrange onto a serving dish, inner curved sides facing upwards. Drape the pear slices over the leaves.
- Evenly distribute the cheese in and amongst the leaves and squeeze over a touch of lemon juice.
- Trickle over the walnut oil and grind over a little freshly ground black pepper.