Roast agrodolce summer squash
Serves 2 as a main dish or 4 as a side
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch cinnamon
- 500g patty pan squash or small courgettes
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 good pinch chilli flakes
- 100g goat’s cheese
- Heat the oven to 220C/425F/gas 7. Mix the capers, vinegar, olive oil, honey and cinnamon in a mixing bowl, add the squash or courgettes and turn to coat in the marinade.
- Tip the lot on to a tray, scatter with the tomatoes, season well with salt and pepper, and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the courgettes are cooked through, burnished and brown at the edges.
- Take out of the oven and scatter liberally with lemon zest, parsley and chilli flakes. Serve with a little goat’s cheese c rumbled on top.