Marrow stew, pumpkin seed and parsley couscous recipe
- 600g Marrow
- 750g tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3tbsp Sultanas
- 60g couscous
- 30g of parsley, add
- 2 tbsp chopped pumpkin seeds
- Peel the marrow, cut it in half and discard all the pith and seeds. Cut it into thick pieces about 2cm in width. Roughly chop the tomatoes. Peel and slice the garlic.
- Warm 2 tbsp of oil in a pan, add the tomatoes and marrow and leave to simmer for 20 minutes. Tear the leaves from 6 sprigs of tarragon and stir them in. After 15 minutes’ cooking, stir in the sultanas, then season generously with salt and black pepper.
- While the tomato and marrow mixture is cooking, soak your couscous in enough hot water to cover it. The couscous will swell and soak up the water. Chop the leaves from the parsley and add in the pumpkin seeds and stir them through the couscous.
- When the tomato and marrow stew is tender and juicy, check the seasoning then serve in shallow bowls with the pumpkin seed and parsley couscous. Serves 2-3.